Contact Sales: 416-747-6900       User Login
Create your coaching website
http:// .journalengine.com

The Importance of Journaling
"Today, journaling is widely accepted as a powerful tool for promoting increased emotional intelligence. For coaches, trainers, mental health practitioners, and leaders of all types, journaling is perhaps the most effective coaching tool that exists - yet it has remained one of the most underutilized resources. Until now."
Kim Ades, MBA, President and Owner of Frame of Mind Coaching

Gain Access to Critical Information
Reading clients’ journals gives you CRITICAL insight into their values, beliefs and behaviors. This information is crucial for effective coaching and for helping your clients get past the barriers that stand in the way of their success. This source of information is vital for deep, poignant coaching that has long-term impact.

Calls are RICH - No Wasted Time
Reading clients’ journals in-between calls keeps you up-to-date with their lives on an ongoing basis. What this means is when you meet on the phone or in-person for your next coaching session, you are already caught up and can jump right into moving forward, delivering high value on each and every call.

Continuous Self-Reflection
Asking clients to journal daily encourages them to self-reflect regularly. The effect is an increase in attention to the role they play in their own lives and a greater sense of ownership and responsibility for their relationships and their personal circumstances. They feel a greater sense of empowerment with every passing week.

No Loss of Momentum In-Between Calls
When you ask your clients to journal, you maintain contact and are consistently focussed on their personal development in-between calls. This means that there is no sliding backwards- just forward movement. Some say the magic or the growth happens in-between calls.

Increased Trust and Rapport in a Shorter Period of Time
Journaling in a safe and secure online environment enables clients to share their fears, their insecurities and past experiences with greater ease. Trust is built more rapidly, enabling you to move more quickly with your clients.

Faster Results
Giving your clients a forum to express themselves in allows you to get more done with your clients in a shorter period of time. You are covering greater ground and getting to the meat of your coaching with greater speed.

Documentation of Progress
When clients journal every day for the duration of their coaching period, they are literally documenting their progress and tracking their change over time. They can look back to the beginning of their journey and see how far they have travelled with you.

Proof of YOUR Impact and Influence
As clients are documenting their experiences in their journal, they are also creating evidence of their evolution. This is extraordinarily powerful as a testimony of your impact on their success. Your comments are available for their review, and the value of your time together is tangible.

Safety Deposit Box for Their Story
Your clients’ journals live long after their coaching with you has concluded. This creates a long-term bond with you that draws them back over and over again. They have a need to return to the story they created, and you are the holder of that story.

Coaching Groups Means Journaling Together
When you coach a group of people, you can ask all of the participants to share their journals with one another and spend some time reading and responding to each other's journals. This adds infinite value to the coaching experience and establishes an online journaling community that stays together long after coaching is complete.

The Journaling Process

For centuries people have used the journaling process for a myriad of reasons: to stimulate a healthier mind and body; to vent and express thoughts and feelings in a healthy, constructive manner; for increased self-awareness; to document life experiences; even to get closer to God.

Today, journaling is widely accepted as a powerful tool for promoting increased emotional intelligence. For coaches, trainers, mental health practitioners, and leaders of all types, journaling is perhaps the most effective coaching tool that exists - yet one of the most underutilized resources. Until now.

The proprietary JournalEngine coaching platform opens the door to leveraging the power of journaling in a simple and cost-effective way, helping coaches create and provide a deeper, more meaningful engagement with their clients.

Dr James Pennebaker, professor of Psychology at the University of Texas in Austin, pioneered research into the links between writing and health.

Pennebaker conducted a study in which student volunteers were asked to write about a traumatic event in their lives and the emotions associated with it. Pennebaker found that people who'd written revealing accounts of a personal trauma showed an "impressive drop" in visits to the doctor, compared with control groups who were assigned other writing topics. "Writing about their deepest thoughts and feelings about traumas resulted in improved moods, more positive outlook, and greater physical health."

Subsequent experiments have shown that writing boosts one's health in a myriad of other ways, including strengthened immune function, decreased reliance upon pain medication, improved lung function in asthma patients, and reduced symptoms in rheumatoid arthritis patients.

Some studies have further demonstrated both reduced blood pressure and improved performance at work and school.

There is an endless supply of testimony to the power of journaling. We have listed some of the more recent and impressive accounts below:

• Weight Loss: Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Research recently completed a 36-month study on Weight Loss Maintenance. During phase 1 of the study, they found that their participants who kept a food journal lost, on average, double the amount of weight than those who did not.

"Keeping a food diary is not easy," says lead author of "Weight Loss Maintenance," Jack Hollis Ph.D., a researcher at Kaiser Permanente's Center for Health Research in Portland, Oregon. "People often tell me, '... it is the most effective tool I have for managing my weight.'"
  • Smoking: "Writing about your daily progress gives you insight and records what works and what does not for the personal journey you are on. As a holistic coach for over 30 years I have seen what works best and have trained many to follow their client's recovery by journaling and discussing it in weekly visits the first month." Talismae Allen, PhD , on journaling as an important tool used to quit smoking.
  • Life: "One of my many responsibilities as a School Psychologist is to teach the students with whom I work strategies to help them cope with and manage life's many challenges. I frequently suggest journal writing. Journal writing is an effective and simple stress management strategy for people of all ages... It is free, helps to organize our lives, increases self-awareness and requires no specialized training. It may also help with problem solving life's obstacles." Jo Ann Winkler , School Psychologist, certified Personal Trainer, Nutritional Consultant and Holistic Stress Management Instructor.
  • Health: Dr. Laura King, of the Department of Psychological Sciences at the University of Missouri, Columbia, concludes "...expressive writing has health benefits."
  • Change: Curt Rosengren, author of the book 101 Ways to Get Wild About Work, did an experiment where every morning for 30 days (to start with) he wrote in a journal in which he would focus on only two things: 1) What's positive in my life? 2) What's keeping me from focusing more fully on the positive in my life? It started with simple curiosity: "I wonder what effect it would have if I created a space where I focused only on positive things."
    "The first thing I discovered was that my brain started more actively noticing the positive...second, incorporating gratitude journaling created a great reminder of how many things there are in my life to be thankful for. It helped keep things in perspective. Ultimately, the experiment had a significantly positive impact."

Get Me Started
Try a fully working Free 14-day trial of JournalEngine™™TM and start delivering a trully great experience to your clients.

Free 14-Day Trial
Sign up in 60 seconds. No Credit Card Needed. No hidden fees. Cancel at any time.
Basic Features
Journaling
Homework
Courses
Goals
Messaging
Privacy
Advanced Features
Surveys
Import/Export
Social Network
Search
Promotional Tools
Assessments
Newsletters
Seminars
Journal Reviews
Testimonials
Adverts
Customization
CMS
Colors
Custom Text
Navigation
Logo
Home Page

© 2017 JournalEngine™™ Want JournalEngine™™ for your Business? Email or Call 416-747-6900